“Cycling above the clouds”
- Kilema Forest
- Horombo & Zebra Rock
- Mawenzi Peak
- Kibo Hut
- Uhuru Peak
Day 1: Arrival
On your arrival at the airport you will meet your guide and taken to your hotel. If the time allows you will get a pre safari briefing .
Overnight at Ameg Lodge www.ameglodge.com.
Day 2: Kilema Forest
After breakfast your bike guide and driver will pick you up and drive you to Marangu gate to collect the entry permit then start your ride to KILEMA forest entry point. This is official biker’s route away from the hiker’s trail. This ride will pass you through the villages of “Chagga tribe” who lives on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro they are traditionally farmers growing banana, coffee, yam and potatoes.
Overnight at Forest camp, 2720m/9,058ft
Day 3: Horombo Hut
Soon after breakfast your ride starts. Due to the rapid altitude gain to Horombo hut, clients are forced to ride a little, as well as push their bicycles to an easy biking spot and bike to the camp.
Overnight at Horombo Hut 3,720m/12,388ft
Day 4: Horombo Hut
Acclimatization day, where by you and your guide will go for a morning bike ride altitude above Horombo hut and back for lunch. Afternoon leisure
Overnight at Horombo hut 3,720m/12,388ft
Day 5: Kibo Peak
Today we will continue biking on to Kibo hut, at the base of Kibo peak. We will arrive for lunch and afternoon leisure.
Overnight at Kibo hut, 4720m/15,718ft
Day 6: Kilema Route
Our day will start early a.m. We will start our summit attempt at midnight and back to Kibo hut after the summits for brunch/lunch before taking our bicycles again descending to Marangu gate via Kilema route to sign out before heading back to our hotel for well deserve rest. Knowing that you have conquered the mountain, and you have your certificate to prove it!!!
Overnight at Ameg Lodge Moshi www.ameglodge.com.
The bike route can change and switch to the hikers route or different entry point in case of natural disasters like wild fire or trail destroyed by rain, this is temporary until the problem is solved.
We do advise clients to take extra days between when they arrive and the start of the biking to ease their jet lag or another extra day at Kibo hut (4720m/15,718ft) before summit attempt to acclimatize better. This will be subject to extra cost.
Tipping is not compulsory but appreciation for the good job and hard work from your crew. We suggest a tipping guideline of $ 200-300 per client per trip. Note that clients have all the right to tip as desired.
- 1 person $3,000/person
- 2-4 people $2,757/person
- 5-7 people $2500/person
- 8-10 people $2350/person
- 11+ people $2150/person
- Airport pick up and one drop off after the climb
- Accommodation 1 night before and 1 night after the climb
- Transfer to and from the mountain.
- Park entry Fees, competent guides, cooks and porters.
- Camping gears – tents, mattress, sleeping bags, private toilet, table, chairs.
- Food and filtered water on the climb.
- Oxygen (for emergence).
- Pulse Oximeter readings
- Bicycle rental fee (if you chose to bring your own bike $200 will be deducted from the cost of the excursion)
Not included in price:
- Personal climbing items (clothing),
- Hospital bill- We advise everyone to have travel and medical insurance
- Tipping to your mountain crew,
- Flights or other excursions around the area.
- Covid Testing or Vaccination
- Assembling and taking your bikes apart if you bring one
- Any items not expressly mention in the package